Start:07800 Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
You can learn how to manage a sailing yacht and obtain an international skipper license.
You can feel the new level of freedom: become a real yachtsman!
• Feel the sea wind and salt spray at the helm of a sailing yacht!
• Expand your social circle with enthusiastic people!
• Rent a yacht anywhere in the world and travel with people that you like wherever you want!
• See places on the planet that you can only access from the sea!
• Discover the countries you already love from a new perspective!
• Graduates of our school successfully apply their skills becoming skippers of the «Friendly Regatta»!
International skipper courses are two weeks of theory and practice in Montenegro on a 13-meter Performance-class sailing and motor yacht. The yacht is certified for training in the school that has a centuries-old tradition of yachting.
If you successfully pass a serious theoretical and practical exam, you will receive two certificates:
1. IYT Bareboat Skipper (Sail) — the certificate allows you to rent a yacht and sail within 20 nautical miles off the coast.
2. IYT Radio Operator — this certificate confirms your right to use a marine radio station and is mandatory for some countries.
Who conducts the training:
Training is conducted by our full-time instructors.
What skills / knowledge you must have in order to enroll in the skipper course:
• sailing experience (preferably);
• basic knowledge of English;
• ability to swim (stay on the water and swim 50 meters);
• a desire to learn.
What requirements you must meet to become a skipper:
• undergo International Yacht Training (IYT);
• successfully demonstrate your knowledge and skills on the exam;
• obtain Bareboat Skipper Sail and VHF Radio Operator certificates.
What skills we will work on:
• studying the structure of the yacht;
• practicing the basic duties of a sailor, a boatswain, a helmsman, a navigator, a radio operator, and a captain;
• daytime coastal sailing;
• sea swimming;
• skipper leadership.
Which yachts are used for training:
For training only yachts certified for training purposes are used:
• Sun Odyssey 439 of 2013;
• yachts are equipped with 4 cabins;
• 2 WCs with a shower;
• the length of the yacht is 13 m, the width is 4.24 m;
• the draft is 2 m.
What the exam consists of:
1. Theoretical part (navigation, MPPSS-72, radio communications, yacht design).
2. The practical part (knots, maneuvering, preparing a yacht for sailing, receiving a weather forecast, preparing a yacht for mooring, mooring with a lag and stern, anchoring, performing the man-overboard maneuver on a motor and sailing yacht, maneuvering on a sailing yacht )
All our skippers who have successfully completed training and passed exams enter the closed Captains Club. This is a community where you will always receive support and answers to questions about boat rental, technical details, routes and relationships with charter companies. Several times a year, the Club has meetings, where in a warm and cheerful atmosphere skippers exchange experience and life hacks, talk about mistakes, meet with boat owners and representatives of the yachting business to have up to date knowledge.
We invite members of our Captains Club to practice in expeditions and regattas that we organize all year round. This will provide an opportunity to practice with the supervision of an experienced instructor and improve skills in a team as part of a fleet of several boats.
from €1,580 / 15(15) days / 1pers.
17:00 — getting together, accommodating on the yacht, distribution of roles, safety briefing.
Studying the internal and external space of the yacht, practical navigation, maneuvering with the engine, studying knots and navigation rules, the reception of weather forecasts.
Sailing along the coast, practicing mooring, anchoring, applying the MPPSS-72 rules, mastering radio communications, practicing the man-overboard (MOB) maneuver.
Working with sails, tacking and fordevind turns, taking reefs.
The exam, a gala dinner.
Check-out from the yacht
During the training, we will make the crossing from Ibiza to Montenegro