Thank you for using Insailing.com. Your trust is essential to us, and we're committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. The information that's shared with us helps us to provide a better service and guarantee a great experience.
Last updated: July 21, 2019
Also we would like to inform you that the personal data of our Customers is processed in accordance with the principles of transparency, purpose limitation, data minimisation, accuracy, integrity and confidentiality, and in compliance with other obligations and guarantees established by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
2. What kind of personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process (including the collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, refinement (update, change), extraction, use, transfer (distribution, provision, access), depersonalization, blocking, deletion, destruction) of the following data about you as a user.
Information we can ask you to provide.
We may ask you to provide us with information that includes information that can be used to identify you ("Personal data") during using of our Website/Application by filling out forms on the Website/in the Application (for example, registration forms), by participating in any of our of our competitions, promotions or surveys, during communication with us by phone, email or in any other way, as well as when reporting a problem with our Website or Application.
2.1 The information you provide to us may include the following:
- essential information required for registration to receive services and provide services on our Website/Application, or access to our other services. This information may including name, surname, email address, date of birth, gender, mobile phone number, and user password. All specified fields are required to be filled. If you do not provide the necessary information, InSailing will not be able to provide you with the services offered on our Website and Application. Therefore you will not be able to create a user account on our Website/Application;
- the photographs or your personal photo;
- mailing address;
- your yacht data or other information regarding the provision of your services (place in the crew, courses, route details, price of participation);
- your short biography;
- the content of the correspondence between you and InSailing;
- information for all bookings made by you, or events (regattas) posted by you on our Website/Application or through them;
- Information about your bank account or financial transactions conducted through our Website / Application to process payments and comply with applicable law. These may include, among other things, the information of the payment card or bank account, information regarding posted events or participation in them, which you have booked or offered through our Website/Application;
- information about your visits to our Website/Application and resources to which you have access;
- your answers in any surveys or questionnaires, such as feedback of your participation that you shared with other users of our service or about participant or owner. Such information can be used for analytics purposes and for understanding user needs;
- information, we can request from you and which may be required when you inform us about a problem with our Website/Application or our service, for example, the subject of your request sent to support center;
- location information;
- payment information: credit/debit card details or other payment information.
The Insailing company does not, under any circumstances, accept liability for the use of false, inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information provided by the Customer.
If you would like to have access to our Website through social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, etc., InSailing may have access to specific personal data (for example, first name, last name, photo, email address, information about the number of your friends on Facebook, etc.).
2.2 Information that is collected automatically
If you register via social networks, we can import certain information and automatically add it to your profile. We also collect personal data when you use third-party social networking features, such as the "Like" feature.
Regarding each visit you make to our Website/Application, in accordance with applicable law and, if necessary, with your consent, we may collect information about the devices you use and the networks you connect to when using our services. Such information may include the following: your IP address, login information, information about the type and version of the browser, types of browser plug-ins, operating system and platform, history of visits to our Web site/Application, browsing and search history, information on download errors, the duration of visits to certain pages, interaction with pages and any phone numbers from which calls were made to our support center. We collect these data using various technologies, including cookies (for more information, see our Cookies Policy).
In addition, we collect general information about your actions on our Website (for example, the number of proposed trips, the percentage of your responses to messages, etc.). Such information can be placed in your public profile on our Website.
3. How do we use the information collected about you?
The information we collect we use for the following purposes:
- to fulfill our obligations from any contracts entered into between you (the User) and us, as well as providing you with the information and services that you have requested from us;
- to send you information related to the services via email, SMS, and other channels of communication, like email (for example, confirming your booking) or both;
- to collect and accept the payments from you or, if applicable, transfer to you of payments;
- to provide you the opportunity to personalize your profile on our Website;
- to enable you with opportunities to communicate and interact with other users regarding your services or trips;
- to provide you with access to our support services and the ability to communicate with our support service team;
- to send you, by following an applicable law, the advertising materials and information that is necessary to simplify the service or the booking process, as well as to make your suggestions and recommendations regarding events and services related to our service that may interest you. Besides, we use your data to show our advertising on social networks. More information about how these functions work, and about the data collected about you, you can find on the corresponding pages of social networks;
- to notify you of changes to our service.
The information we automatically collect we may use for the following purposes:
- administration of our Website/Application and internal work, including problem-solving, data analysis, testing, research, analytics, surveys;
- improvement of our Website/Application to provide the most effective presentation of content;
- providing you with access to the interactive features of our service if necessary;
- ensuring the safety and reliability of our Website/Application;
- for evaluation and determination of the effectiveness of advertising, and placement of appropriate advertising;
In the event of certain irregularities, which we consider to be unacceptable, your account may be suspended.
4. Who are the recipients of the information that we've collected about you and for what purpose?
4.1 When using our Website, certain information about you may be sent to the relevant participants or organizer of the event, either in your public profile or during the booking process (for example, we give your telephone number to the participants or to the organizer to provide direct communication between parties).
4.3 Besides, we work closely with third parties who may be recipients of your data, for example:
- with our business partners, such as social networks and can provide you with services that allow you to add information from your profiles in social networks to our Website;
- with our business partners who can advertise their services on our Website and in our Application. Such services include any services related to ours, such as insurance, banking services, and rent services;
- with our business partners who can advertise our services on their websites;
- with our contractors in the technical field, in the field of payment, analytics.
4.4 We do not disclose any information about you as a user, including your data, to the above third parties, except for the following cases:
- if it is necessary to involve a third-party service provider to execute any contract entered into between you and us to improve or expand our services (for example, if we charge you or receive money in connection with any services on the Website /in the Application);
- as part of the booking process and in order to provide the necessary facilities, data such as your name, surname, pictures, mobile number and / or email address may be displayed on the Website / in the Application and / or transmitted to the participant (if you are an organizer ) or to the organizer (if you are a participant);
- as part of our rating system, the reviews you write can be published on the Website / in the Application. Your reviews with your name and your photo will be visible to all visitors to the Website/Application;
- we cooperate with providers of data processing and analysis services and use search engines to improve and optimize our Website/Application;
- this is directly requested by you (for example, in the case of authorization through social networks);
- we may distribute parts of our Platforms (including the trips you have posted) for display on our business partners' websites through API or widgets. In these cases, some information from your public profile may be displayed on these websites;
- in the case when we sell or buy any business or assets, when we may disclose your data to the future seller or buyer of the specified business or assets, by following applicable law;
- if Insailing or all, or part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in that cases when the Personal Data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets.
4.5 In accordance with applicable law and, where required, by your permission, we may collect all the information about you, including your personal information and Cookie data, which we transmit to and receive from our business partners. We may use all the collected data for the above purposes.
5. How do we use your messages?
5.1 We can check, scan and analyze messages that you, as users of our service, send to each other through our Website or Application, to prevent fraud and to improve service quality, to support clients, to provide enforcement of the contracts entered into with our subscribers (such as Terms & Conditions). For example, to secure our online booking system from being circumvented, we can scan and analyze messages sent through our website to check if they contain any contact details or links to other websites, phone numbers, emails.
5.2 We never scan or analyze messages that you, as users of our site, send to each other, for commercial and advertising purposes. We can moderate such messages automatically.
5.3 You hereby acknowledge your full consent to the access to the monitoring and other use of your messages under the conditions described above.
6. Targeted advertising in social networks and our messages sent by email, text messages, or both.
In accordance with applicable law, we may use the information that you provide to us on our Website / in the Application for direct email marketing purposes (for example, (i) for our newsletter, sending invitations to our events, or other messages that in our opinion, you may be interested in, or (ii) placing targeted advertising on social networks).
You can revoke your consent at any time by (i) removing the "tick" from the corresponding field in your profile, (ii) clicking on the unsubscribe link in the message you receive from InSailing, or by sending a request to our support center.
Please note that we never use your data to send you advertisements from third parties. Besides, we do not sell any information about you to third parties or business partners.
7. Is your information and data being transferred, how and where?
In principle, we store the Personal Data that we hold about you in the European Union ("EU"). However, since for example, some of our service providers that are based in countries outside of the European Union ("third countries"), we may also transfer some of your data to third countries. These may include third countries where the European Commission has not decided that such third country ensures an adequate level of protection (for example the United States).
At your request, we can provide you with a complete list of countries in which your data is stored and where it is periodically transferred.
8. What are your rights in respect of your data?
8.1 In cases where this is permitted by law, you have the right to receive copies of the data that we have. Before answering your request, we have the right to request that you (i) verify your identity and (ii) provide additional information so that we can more effectively respond to your request. We will make every effort to respond to your request in the appropriate time and in any case within the time set by law. To use this right, please contact us or contact our support center.
8.2 As a user of our Website / Application, you have access to your data stored on our Website through your account to correct, supplement, or delete inaccurate information. You must provide accurate and complete information in your profile and monitor its relevance. Also, you can close your profile manually, online at any time. You can also update or delete your data by contacting our support center.
9. Cookies and related technologies
10. Confidentiality of user password
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
11. Links to other websites and social networks
13. Safety systems
We constantly assume and improving administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, or substitution. To do this, we also use firewalls, data encryption, and access control systems. If you have reason to believe that the information of your Insailing Account has been lost, stolen, misappropriated or otherwise made known to third parties, and also in the case of unauthorized use of the Insailing Account, please contact us through the "Contact" section.
14. Google Maps / Google Earth
15. Contact details