Start:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Finish:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
3 days of theory sessions (12.02, 14.02, 16.02 in the afternoon)
5 days of at-sea practice: December 19-23 (9 am - 3.30 pm)
- elementary knowledge about the operation of yacht systems,
toilets, oven, sink, shower
- ability to fill up fuel and water tanks
- knowledge of the inner workings of the engine
- pre-run tests, running, silence
- testing of cooling system integrity
- how to fill up engine oil
- how to check coolant level
- how to add coolant
- how to stretch/replace alternator belt.
- how to find the seawater tap
- how to check if the alternator is charged while the engine is running
the mast (how to fold in the mast and bag the sails)
Activating the command to raise and lower the sail array
Activating the command to lower the sail and drop the trim
How to adjust the sail in relation to the angle of sail downwind.
Positioning the ropes
Releasing the ropes of the tether
Throwing the rope on the platform
Service boat (dinghy) operation
Raising and launching the workboat (dinghy) on and off the deck
How to install an outboard engine on a yacht (for storage) and workboat.
How to hook up the outboard's fuel system
How to conduct a safety briefing below
Deck the gas system
How to conduct an overboard safety briefing on
How to navigate safely on board
How to use personal protective equipment (storm harness, lifeline)
Know how to activate distress signals (pyrotechnics, signal mirror, flags)
Know how to use emergency equipment (fire extinguishers, fire blanket)
- how to signal a distress
- how to signal the distress via radio
- how to work in low visibility conditions
Basic knowledge of search and rescue procedures
Know where and what is contained in the first aid kit.
Knowledge of how to use publications when planning the entrance to an anchorage
Knowledge of distinguishing characteristics of lighthouses and navigational buoys
Knowledge of general tidal information
Knowledge of meteorological test information sources and how to use them
Know how to identify cumulonimbus clouds
Ability to decipher meteorological messages
Know how to take weather forecasts into account when planning a coastal cruise itinerary and other skills.
from €1,907 / 12(5) days / 1pers.
3 days of theory sessions (12.02, 14.02, 16.02 - afternoon)
5 days of at-sea training: 19-23 February 2023