International skipper courses are two weeks of theory and practice in Montenegro on a 13-meter Performance-class sailing and motor yacht. The yacht is certified for training in the school that has a centuries-old tradition of yachting. If you successfully pass a serious theoretical and practical exam, you will receive two certificates:
1. IYT Bareboat Skipper (Sail) — the certificate allows you to rent a yacht and sail within 20 nautical miles off the coast.
2. IYT Radio Operator — this certificate confirms your right to use a marine radio station and is mandatory for some countries.
Who conducts the training:
Training is conducted by our full-time instructors.
What skills / knowledge you must have in order to enroll in the skipper course:
• sailing experience (preferably);
• basic knowledge of English;
• ability to swim (stay on the water and swim 50 meters);
• a desire to learn.
What requirements you must meet to become a skipper:
• undergo International Yacht Training (IYT);
• successfully demonstrate your knowledge and skills on the exam;
• obtain Bareboat Skipper Sail and VHF Radio Operator certificates.
What skills we will work on:
• studying the structure of the yacht;
• practicing the basic duties of a sailor, a boatswain, a helmsman, a navigator, a radio operator and a captain;
• daytime coastal sailing;
• sea swimming;
• skipper leadership.
Which yachts are used for training:
For training only yachts certified for training purposes are used:
• Sun Odyssey 439 of 2013;
• yachts are equipped with 4 cabins;
• 2 WCs with a shower;
• the length of the yacht is 13 m, the width is 4.24 m;
• the draft is 2 m.
What the exam consists of:
1. Theoretical part (navigation, MPPSS-72, radio communications, yacht design).
2. The practical part (knots, maneuvering, preparing a yacht for sailing, receiving a weather forecast, preparing a yacht for mooring, mooring with a lag and stern, anchoring, performing the man-overboard maneuver on a motor and sailing yacht, maneuvering on a sailing yacht )
from €1,580 / 15(15) days / 1pers.
17:00 — getting together, accommodating on the yacht, distribution of roles, safety briefing.
Studying the internal and external space of the yacht, practical navigation, maneuvering with the engine, studying knots and navigation rules, the reception of weather forecasts.
Sailing along the coast, practicing mooring, anchoring, applying the MPPSS-72 rules, mastering radio communications, practicing the man-overboard (MOB) maneuver.
Working with sails, tacking and fordevind turns, taking reefs.
The exam, a gala dinner.
Leaving the yacht
The training takes place in Montenegro