Start:22213, Pirovac, Croatia
Finish:22213, Pirovac, Croatia
Bareboat skipper training from scratch will give you the opportunity to train to be a skipper and independently manage a sailing yacht. There are two stages of the training: a theoretical course and a practical one (2 weeks at sea)
You study the theory of VHF Operator + Competent crew and Bareboat skipper online, and then take practical lessons at sea.
Training takes place in a group of 4 people.
Bavaria 40S yacht was built in 2013, 3 cabins.
from €1,380 / 15(15) days / 1pers.
Practical course program:
The practical course takes 2 weeks during which you cover 200 nautical miles.
During the first week, you study the course of Sailor / Competent crew.
During the second week, you study the course of Bareboat skipper
During this time, you will learn:
1. Acceptance of the yacht
2. Working with devices: GPS, compasses, wind and depth indicators, log, etc.
3. Location and operation of rescue equipment: fire fighting equipment, emergency tiller, life jackets, life raft, SOS call.
4. Navigation: plotting a course, finding a location
5. Working with the radio station
6. Rigging, knots
7. Moving from the pier
8. Steering a yacht under a motor
9. Working with sails: setting, tuning, reefs, taking down
10. Working with sails on different courses
11. Turns: tack, overstag, fordewind
13. Mooring: near the pier, log, anchor.
14. Rescue of a drowning man: under the engine, under sails.
15. Using boat and outboard motor.
II. Practical exam
Skipper's Day: It's a fun day! You are the first-time captain. Under the close supervision of an instructor, you will do
- plotting the course and planning the trip
- organization of the team's work
- working with sails on various courses
- sailing along the route you have drawn up
- mooring, anchoring.